Waikiki's nightlife scene is as diverse and colorful as the Waikiki strip itself. Whether you're craving a funky beachside experience, a high-end cocktail crafted by a mixologist, or a tropical beverage while taking in Waikiki's famous sunsets, you can't go wrong with the following beach bars in Waikiki.
Surf Bar is one of the newest bars in Waikiki Beach and opened its doors in the summer of 2022:
- Location: 2460 Koa Avenue (right inside the centrally located Waikiki Resort Hotel!)
- The Menu: From local beers like Maui Brewing's coconut porter and bikini blonde lager to classic cocktails like a negroni or espresso martini, Surf Bar Waikiki's exhaustive menu has something for everyone. But don't overlook their signature menu featuring mixologist-crafted drinks like the Wiki Wiki, made with pineapple rum, passion fruit, and more.
- What People Are Saying: This is one of the best bars in Waikiki, thanks to its 5-star rating on Tripadvisor. One guest described it as a "rare bar find in Waikiki [with] super modern and well thought out furniture and design," and another visitor declared, "Staff is awesome [and] if you're in Waikiki and want a great vibe, this is the place!"
Elevate your drinks with the work of award-winning mixologist Jen Ackrill, who has crafted bar and cocktail menus for some of Oahu's most celebrated venues and currently serves as vice president of the United States Bartender Guild's Hawaii chapter:
- Location: 2863 Kalakaua Avenue (take a scenic 15-minute walk from the Waikiki Resort Hotel towards Diamond Head, and you'll find this cozy bar and cafe on the lobby floor of the Kaimana Beach Hotel)
- The Menu: Ackrill has invented tastebud-tantalizing options, like a Waikiki mai tai made with Koloa dark rum from the island of Kauai and re-worked classics like the Hau Tree Highball made with hibiscus-infused Maui vodka. For food, enjoy casual seafood-centric bites like ahi tataki (the restaurant carries an Ocean Friendly certification by the Surfrider Foundation)
- What People Are Saying: Honolulu magazine's bar and restaurant critics recently declared Hau Tree Bar as "one of the most beautiful" bars in Waikiki, praising its "beachside casual-luxury aesthetic" and the open-air bar's custom accent tiles and teak furnishings.
Elevate your cocktails, literally, with this boozy rooftop bar that offers sweeping views of Waikiki, iconic Diamond Head, and beyond:
- Location: 2270 Kalakaua Avenue (stroll four blocks up Kalakaua Avenue from the Waikiki Resort Hotel, then take the elevator to the 19th floor)
- The Menu: Refresh yourself in the Hawaiian sun with their signature slushies, such as the Coconut Girl (made with rum, lime, pineapple, and decadent coconut cream), or get experimental with cocktails like the spicy mangorita (made with fresh mango and lilikoi with a touch of muddled serrano peppers). All of their drinks pair well with their full restaurant menu, including a raw bar featuring fresh-caught sashimi and poke, as well as fresh oyster shooters.
- What People Are Saying: The food critics at Wanderly say the view will "take your breath away," while locals rave about the rooftop bar's live music scene.
All three award-winning, critically praised bars are only minutes from the Waikiki Resort Hotel (or in the case of Surf Bar, just a hop and a skip from your actual hotel room). And each offers a different take on Oahu's famous nightlife scene. Book your stay at the Waikiki Resort Hotel online or call us at 1-800-367-5116 to see why our location, friendly staff, convenience, and amenities give us top ratings among our guests.