An island holiday is only complete with a cocktail in hand. Whether you prefer the spiked or the virgin variety, the sunset is even more glamorous when sipping on a refreshing drink. Look no further if you're seeking a taste of liquid paradise in Oahu. Many of these drinks are inspired by the island's rich culture and tropical flavors, adding to your experience in Hawaii.
Top Spots for The Best Cocktails in Oahu
Join us on a spirited journey as we check out the top watering holes and hidden gems where skilled mixologists craft tasty concoctions, all within reach of the Waikiki Resort Hotel.
- Location: 675 Auahi Street, Honolulu, at the corner of SALT at Our Kaka'ako.
- Suggested Sip: 'Mocha Loca' with Locals Only vodka, Fino sherry, chocolate bitters, house-made banana liqueur cold foam, miso demerara, and coffee.
At Bevy, they're all about excellent cocktails and tasty bites. The drinks are handcrafted with fresh, homemade ingredients, making sipping an experience. Plus, this wonderful watering hole is not just about good vibes – they're ocean and eco-friendly, too, with their efforts to leave only a tiny footprint. And don't forget the food; their food menu is also worth raving about.
Expect a super chill atmosphere with seriously good cocktails. Honolulu DJs frequent this local and tourist hub to create a vibe for awesome nightlife.
- Location: 1585 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu
- Suggested Sip: 'Oze No Yukidoke' - a dry and floral sake with a slightly peppery taste.
This restaurant has established itself as a modern, classy, and casual artisan cafe. Expect food that blends Japanese and Spanish cuisine with fresh, local ingredients. Since 2005, they've been exciting the tastebuds of locals and visitors alike. From their bar, you'll find unique sake drinks like lychee, white peach sake, and wines and beers.
La Mariana Sailing Club
- Location: La Mariana Sailing Club, 50 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu
- Suggested Sip: 'Zombie,' also known as the super mai tai, served with pineapple juice and rum!
Stop by this historic Hawaiian tiki bar for a drink en route to or from the airport (it's only 5 minutes away). Expect kitsch and cool decor with puffer-fish lights, fishing boats, and shells galore. As you soak in the island's ambiance, order from their surf and turf menu with a classic cocktail on the side.
Tip: If a tiki bar is your vibe, try Skull & Crown Trading Co. at 62 N Hotel St, Honolulu, or the Myna Bird Tiki Bar in The International Marketplace Waikiki.
The Tchin! Tchin! Bar
- Location: Aloha Spirits Bar, a stroll away from Waikiki Resort.
- Suggested Sip: Gold Bug - Pineapple sage daiquiri with fresh lime and silver rum
Honolulu's Chinatown is home to this relaxed rooftop bar. They have a vast selection of wines, spirits, Japanese whiskey, and gins. If you're seeking a unique cocktail, ask the waiter what secret mixes they offer off-menu. Local farmer market flavors are often featured in their special mixes.
Hideout at The Laylow
- Location: 2299 Kūhiō Ave. 1st Floor, Honolulu
- Suggested Sip: 'Spicy Girl' with berry-infused Kuleana Hui Hui Rum, Hawaiian chili pepper water, lilikoi, orgeat, lemon, and lime.
This hidden rooftop bar is a suggested spot for all-day dining. From great breakfasts to modern Hapa Hawaiian cuisine and a famous happy hour, you'll want to be there for their on-point cocktail mixes. You can expect a bustling vibe above The Laylow, a boutique hotel with what's considered one of the "best bars in Waikiki."
For your cocktail journey through Oahu, enjoy discovering the skill and creativity of Hawaii's best mixologists. Mahalo, thank you for exploring Oahu's cocktail scene with us at Waikiki Resort Hotel. Cheers to paradise within your reach!